Regal Square-Neck Resonator
An Indianapolis music storeowner, Emil Wulschner, first used the Regal trade name in the late 1890s. In the wake of a sales slump, Chicago-based Lyon & Healy next acquired the marque. They began to produce Regal guitars in 1908.
Over the next six decades, the marque changed hands several times. The company’s most significant guitars were the Dobro resonators that it built between 1934 and about 1940.
Regal suspended guitar production during WWII. Although production resumed after the war, it’s Chicago factory closed in 1968. The trademark remained dormany until 1987 when Saga Musical Instruments took it over.
They offer an impressive selection of guitars, including this square-neck Dobro-type.